Receiving care at our facilities gives your child a huge advantage. Our pediatric rheumatologists are trained in both childhood medicine and rheumatology with access to state-of-the-art facilities and the latest clinical trials. Using a multidisciplinary approach to treatment and therapies, our pediatric rheumatologists work with more than 100 different pediatric specialists under one roof. We coordinate services and consultations with a variety of subspecialties such as:
- Gastroenterology and Nutrition
- Infectious Disease
- Physical Medicine Rehabilitation
- Hematology and Stem Cell Transplant
- Childhood Development
- Lupus Nephritis
Children have different needs than their adult counterparts and these conditions can have a major effect on their development, influencing educational, emotional and social requirements.
Our specialists have expansive experience treating thousands of children with rheumatologic diseases, such as:
• Juvenile idiopathic arthritis (formerly known as juvenile rheumatoid arthritis, or JRA
• Lupus (also called systemic lupus erythematosus)
• Juvenile dermatomyositis
• Raynaud's phenomenon
• Henoch-Schonlein purpura
• Advanced Lyme disease
• Sjogren's syndrome
• Other childhood autoimmune and connective tissue disorders.
We have a monthly multidisciplinary lupus nephritis clinic with the Nephrology Division. Our facilities include a state of the art infusion center for patients who need intravenous infusions.