A hospital stay can be challenging, but CHAM offers experts and programs to help families cope.
Please contact the following for more information, or ask your nurse for assistance:
Available to assist with discharge and provide support to you and your family. Please call ext. 2357 or ask your nurse.
Helps your child cope with illness, injury and treatment with creative arts therapies, medical play and complementary healing therapies; offers a playroom, pre-hospitalization tours and special events. Contact the Child Life Program via the Get Well Network, or ask your nurse.
The Family Learning Place
Located in the upper lobby of CHAM; offers reading materials and health education, free handouts, Internet access, peer and social support, and educational events. Please call ext. 2357.
The Explainer Program
Engages patients and their families about the state-of-the-art technology available at the bedside and familiarizes patients with how to use the Get Well Network, the interactive patient care system available in each patient room. Please call ext. 2275.
Available for admitted children ages 5 years and older. Classes or bedside instruction are Monday–Friday, 9:00 am–3:00 pm, during the regular school year and are provided by the New York City Department of Education. Please call ext. 2139.
- Customer Service, ext. 64943
- Language Interpreters, ext. 64943
- Sign Language, ext. 64943
- Sabbath, contact Solomon Rosenberg, 917-744-5005
- The left elevator at CHAM stops at each floor on Sabbath and Jewish holidays.
- The Yehuda Memorial room (located in the Red Zone, 2nd floor) and other accommodations are available for families on Sabbath.