Our established program provides all aspects of care for children and adolescents with chronic kidney disease including renal replacement therapy in-center and at home, transplantation and ongoing evaluation and treatment. The Ira Greifer Children’s Kidney Center offers a wealth of programs and services for children and families dealing with renal failure and other kidney disorders. These include:
- Kidney transplantation.
- Dialysis for infants, children, and adolescents.
- Home and Peritoneal Dialysis (PD)
- Social programs, support groups and transition planning for patients and families.
- Summer camp for children and adolescents who have chronic kidney failure, are on dialysis, or who’ve had a kidney transplant.
- Family-centered approach to caring for children to address medical, emotional and social needs of children with renal disease in order to promote normal growth, development and successful lifestyle.
- Lupus Nephritis
We are a major regional referral center for patients, providing evaluation, diagnosis and treatment of kidney disorders of infants, children and adolescents, including:
- Birth defects of the urinary and kidney system
- Infections of the kidneys and urinary tract
- Elevated blood pressure
- Ambulatory blood pressure monitoring
- Blood and protein in the urine
- Chronic kidney failure
- Genetic kidney diseases
- Systemic lupus erythematosus
- Nephrotic syndrome
- Cystic kidney disease
- Kidney stones
- Acidosis and electrolyte disorders
- Early prevention of diabetic kidney disease